Thursday, August 16, 2007

Apple Crisp



I wanted to do kind of an apple pie, but also have the crispy filling you get with the apple crisp. So, I used one of the pie crusts left over from my pot pie and cut it into circles. I filled each one with apple pie filling and topped with apple crisp topping.

I used this recipe for the idea, but made it into more of individual pastry cups and cooked together in an 8x8 glass dish.

Easy Apple Cobbler Pizza
Ingredients:


1 9-inch refrigerated prepared pie crust

1 can (21 oz.) Comstock® or Wilderness® More Fruit Apple Fruit Filling or Topping

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions:
1. Unfold pie crust and place on cookie sheet. Spread apple filling evenly over pie crust to within 1” of edge.

2. In small mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Crumble evenly over apple filling.

3. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Makes 6-8 servings Bake time: 10-12 minutes

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Wow, this looks awesome! I love apple anything! :)