Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

So, this was not fancy at all, but it was comfort food and it was quick so oh well!

My mom always used the canned soup and vegetables, so that is what I did.


Ingredients:


Pastry for 2 pie crusts (I used Pillsbury refrigerated crust for the top, and because I wanted to use the other pie crust for dessert, I made an easy pie crust from http://www.allrecipes.com/ for the bottom.


Easy Pie Crust

Submitted by: LouiseRated: 4 out of 5 by 90 members
Prep Time: 10 MinutesCook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 25 MinutesYields: 8 servings
"This recipe was given to me by a friend of mine many years ago and I enjoy it because it has a different taste and is so easy to fix."

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons milk

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Place all ingredients in 9 inch pie pan. Stir together with fork. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Poke holes in bottom and side of crust.
3.Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Use as directed in favorite pie recipe.


I didn't bake this before I put the ingredients and it turned out fine.


Filling:

  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup

  • 1 can mixed vegetables or frozen vegetables

  • About 3 chicken breasts (I cooked mine in the slow cooker for about 3 hours on high with chicken broth, salt, pepper, and chicken seasoning)

Combine all in a bowl, put into pie and bake for 45 minutes at about 350-375.

No comments: