Yum! These were really good and so simple.
This recipe was originally from:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I had leftover meat)
- 2 TBS McCormick Grill Mates "Hamburger" Seasoning (they did not have this at my store so I used the sloppy joe mix), or just use salt, pepper, garlic, roasted red pepper, and sugar)
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TBS mustard
- 1 (12 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough--I used the reduced fat Grand's (I think these may have been a little big because I couldn't get alot of the meat mixture into them after they puffed up)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)- I used a mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
- In large skillet, brown beef with seasonings, Drain excess fat.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, and simmer a few minutes on low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, heat until melted
- Meanwhile, flatten each biscuit and press into muffin cups. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan.
- Bake plain biscuits 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add beef mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3-4 more minutes.