Monday, July 30, 2007

BBQ Beef Cups


Yum! These were really good and so simple.

This recipe was originally from:

Ashleigh's Edibles


  • 1 pound lean ground beef (I had leftover meat)
  • 2 TBS McCormick Grill Mates "Hamburger" Seasoning (they did not have this at my store so I used the sloppy joe mix), or just use salt, pepper, garlic, roasted red pepper, and sugar)
  • 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 TBS mustard
  • 1 (12 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough--I used the reduced fat Grand's (I think these may have been a little big because I couldn't get alot of the meat mixture into them after they puffed up)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)- I used a mixture
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups.

  2. In large skillet, brown beef with seasonings, Drain excess fat.

  3. Stir in BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, and simmer a few minutes on low heat.

  4. Add 1/4 cup cheese, heat until melted

  5. Meanwhile, flatten each biscuit and press into muffin cups. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan.

  6. Bake plain biscuits 2-3 minutes.

  7. Remove from oven and add beef mixture.

  8. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes.

  9. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3-4 more minutes.

No comments: