Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Burgers, Oven Fries and Oven Squash


Tonight was really good, especially for my meat-lover husband. The burgers were really thick so I just ate mine without the bun with a fork. I just tossed a bunch of things together for the burgers---1 lb. meat (93/7), diced onions, several TBS Worcheshire, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Italian bread crumbs.

Oven Fries-I used Russet potatoes that had been soaked in water for about an hour. I then drizzled olive oil, salt, pepper and topped with parmesan (note to self--spray foil on cookie sheet next time!) They kind of stuck a little bit. I baked at 400 for about 50 minutes. Next time I will probably use a different kind of potato. Brad liked them, but they seemed a bit hard to me.

Oven-Fried Squash- I cut the squash into slices and dipped into milk first and then coated with a mixture of parmesan and regular bread crumbs. I cooked them along with the potatoes but only for about 30 minutes. These were surprisingly good. I didn't think I even liked squash!

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

Wow that oven squash sounds delicious! I love squash and am always looking for new ways to prepare it!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll and the world of Food Blogging!