Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pizza


This is one thing I have been making for a long time because I do not like the fattening/greasy pizza of major pizza chains. Most of the time I buy the pre-made pillsbury dough, but would love to start making my own. For sauce, I always have some sort of tomato product in the freezer. I never use all the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, etc., so I just food-process them all together and freeze in a pizza sauce jar. I then add Italian seasoning, oregano, and maybe parsely. Today I added fresh tomatoes from my sister's garden. I put some olive oil in a pan and toss in onions, garlic and mushrooms for topping. I then add pepperoni's to my husband's side and just the mushrooms/onion/garlic/tomato on mine. Put mozz. cheese over all of it and bake according to Pillsbury instructions! Yummy!

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Nothing better than a homemade pizza! I have a great recipe in my blog for pizza crust. It rises for an hour and takes about 15 minutes to prep. So easy!